Recents

Recent Reads

The Nightmarys by Dan Poblocki– humble rating: Golf Clap (minus) –Such a great title.  Walked around saying it aloud, often. I’m sorry to report that this story never managed to captivate me like the title did. As a matter of fact, after plodding through the story it came to what I felt was its natural end and then kept going. I never, ever do this, but I flipped to the last page, saw the ending and returned the book to the library. I tried to like it. I really did. The writing was fine, I think it was strictly the dreaded “personal taste.”








Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly – humble rating: Golf Clap+ – Really, really enjoyed this story. I’ll be buying a copy for my daughter who is studying to become a Musical Therapist. The only reason I didn’t give this story a M.S. rating was because of the sex scene at the end.  I was pretty convinced they were in love and that was where their relationship would end up eventually, I just didn’t think we needed to be there with them when it did. I know people really have divided views on this, but I feel the way the scene wasn't necessary






Will (Death by High School Musical) by Maria Boyd - humble rating: Motivational Speaker – Absolutely love Will’s voice. Loved his journey. Loved him. Not super crazy about the dialogue being in bold instead of parenthesis, but whatever floats their boat, I guess.


Recent Rents

Burlesque – loved it
Indian Jones -Temple of Doom - stupid


My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me