Recents

Recent Reads

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare – humble rating: Motivational Speaker – I’m not sure how I feel about this installment. The writing is great. The story development is great. As usual. I’m not questioning Miss Clare’s abilities. I’m just not sure I was too crazy about the direction Jace and Alec took. I loved Simon’s growth and even Maia and Jordan’s storyline. But both Jace and Alec seemed so – oh, must I say it?! Wimpy. I’m sure this is part of the overall journey. But I don’t have to like it, do I?








Ever by Gail Carson Levine – humble rating: Golf Clap – I don’t quite know how to describe my relationship with this book. I think I felt detached from the story. I wanted to like it more than I did in the end. Good writing, especially of Kezi dancing and making her rugs.









Warped by Maurissa Guibord - humble rating: Golf Clap++ – Really well written. Loved the journey and the bad guy (well lady actually) was satisfyingly bad.

 







The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne - humble rating: Golf Clap – Fun story, loved Hamlet’s voice. My library had this shelved in young adult, but I think it should be in middle grade.

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It