Three Times A Charm with Ruth Silver

Today on Three Times A Charm we welcome, Ruth Silver. I love introducing my readers to the people who work in children’s publishing.

Thanks for joining us, Ruth. Would you please tell us a little about your awesome self?

I’m the author of the best-selling YA Dystopian trilogy, Aberrant. I’m passionate about writing and I love story-telling. I’ve been actively writing two series: Royal Reaper and Orenda. My interests also include traveling, reading, and photography. My favorite vacation destination is Australia. I currently reside in Plainfield, Illinois. You can find me on Twitter, Facebook, and my book blog Write Away Bliss.

Please tell our readers about your work.

I love YA novels. My favorite genres are paranormal, dystopian, and fantasy. I’ve written three series one falling in each of the above categories. For lovers of paranormal, my Royal Reaper series follows the life of Princess Ophelia as she’s murdered and gets the opportunity to become a grim reaper. It’s dark meets light in a tale that’s appropriate for ages fourteen and up. For lovers of science and fantasy, Orenda is about a girl, Lil Porter, that travels to a parallel universe and discovers a world unlike her own filled with magic, fairies, and dragons. Orenda is packed with adventure and a demon sorceress that must be fought to save both worlds. Written for young adults, Orenda is appropriate for readers as young as twelve. If you love the dystopian genre, the Aberrant trilogy takes place in the futuristic society of Cabal, where women can no longer naturally conceive. Eighteen year old Olivia Parker gets married and discovers on her wedding day she was born naturally, which makes her a threat to the perfect system of government. An action-packed dystopian thriller that has reached #1 on Amazon in Science Fiction Romance.

I recommend my book to readers who like: The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Mortal Instruments

Now it is time for the three’s. Give us your top three answers to the following questions so we might get to know you better.

  • Top 3 books you recommend reading and why you recommend them.

-The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Yes you’ll need a box of tissues and you might figure you know what the story is about before reading it (kids with cancer) but it’s a story greater than kids dying. The writing is poetic and the emotion will draw you in and tangle you into its web. Highly recommend.

-The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Why you should read it? The Bachelor meets Dystopian Fiction. I never watch The Bachelor but when it’s in fiction, there’s something about it that I love. (Years ago I read a fan fiction novel with the same premise). If you love romance, a love triangle, and want a fun easy read, give this one a try.

-The Soul Thief by Majanka Verstraete
Reapers, Angels of Death, and a teenage girl. Isn’t that enough reason to grab this title? Once I started it, I couldn’t put it down.

  • Top 3 leisure activities.

Blogging, Reading, and Photography. My favorite books are YA novels. I love capturing photos of people. I used to be a wedding and portrait photographer.

  • Top 3 favorite places.

Australia, Hawaii, and Cozumel. I love vacationing and would love to travel to Europe next.

And finally, where can our tech savvy readers find more about you and your work?


Thanks for joining us on this week’s Three Times A Charm, Ruth! Best of luck to you and your books.

THANKS!


GUESTS WELCOME!  I am always looking for guests for Three Times A Charm. If you are an author, illustrator or book reviewer, an agent or an editor. If you have something related to children’s publishing that you’d like people to know about, feel free to contact me about a future appearance.

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you, Ruth. Three series sounds like a lot of writing. :) Congratulations. I like magic, fairies, and dragons, also paranormal. It's fun to travel to other worlds and dimensions. Best of luck with your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beverly :) and thank you Kai for having me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your novels. They certainly will appeal to lots of teens (and those of us who are older & love great fantasy/paranormal- me included!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the appeal, Ellis. Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
  4. Great interview! I love the new cover for Dead Girl Walking :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me